QD65MM FLIR LENS

Discussion about Night Vision Goggles and Night Vision Binoculars / Monoculars

Moderator: Michael

QD65MM FLIR LENS

Postby nvgr » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:56 pm

QD65MM FLIR LENS
Postby nvgr » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Good day ...I thought this forum might be a good source of info..

Can someone please tell me if this lens will fit on an TS32?

I know the 2x extender lens will...and the 2x extender will fit on a TS32R..and the QD65MM lens will fit on the TS32R..

It makes sense the QD65MM will fit on the TS32, but their FLIR literature seems to infer it will not.

If so, I wonder if an adapter will make it work...although there may be a lens clearance issue or focal length issue (?? ).

Thanks for your help

NVGR
nvgr

nvgr

Re: QD65MM FLIR LENS

Postby wellyot » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 pm

i cant really help but when i googled them - it looks like the ts32 has a fixed lens but the ts32r has a removeable front lens so you can swap lenses - i guess the ts32 just has not got the same lens fitting for swapping lenses , but if you can get the qd65mm lens to the right distance from the sensor it should work , if you can remove the lens from your ts32. i think it will be hard to say without having them in your hands to try
wellyot

Re: QD65MM FLIR LENS

Postby nvgr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi

Thanks for that. The TS32 seems to be an outy..the FLIR it is designed for an inny. So to speak.

I got a hold of tech support and they said the TS32 lens won't easily come off...and scared me away from messing around with it.

So....since I have incompatible units. ..I am thinking of using the QD65MM lens with a Therm-App ...removing the Therm-App lense and mounting the QD65MM on diving camera case, putting the Therm -App body inside the diving camera case...fixing a small phone to the back if the case..

All the best..Thx again.

NVGR
nvgr

Return to Goggles & Binoculars