Epic NV Video of Sprites, Elves and Halos

Uploads of real night vision scenes

Moderator: Michael

Epic NV Video of Sprites, Elves and Halos

Postby Stanley » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:09 am

A relaxed night that turned in to one of the most epic experiences I've had with night vision, at least one that ranks in my top 5. The capturing of the events that created this epic experience, one that I dare say is a once in a life time event for me, was at the outset, was a complete accident.

Here is the video chronicling the atmospheric events that unfolded to create this once in a life time epic capture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7mqs6fng7o

My uninhibited response to capturing my first Sprite on SD can be heard at the tail end of the first clip. Prior to this capture, I had witnessed my first sprite in the same location a mere 10 minutes earlier. Never did I ever expect to capture these events so close to home, figured I'd have to travel to NM or SD to capture these events. The TLE's seen in the video are extremely rare in the atmosphere around the Hawaiian Islands, had never heard of any sighting from any island.

I can truly say, night vision has enriched my life, due in large part to the experiences and observed phenomenon this technology has made possible and visible!
Stanley

Re: Epic NV Video of Sprites, Elves and Halos

Postby tangloppen » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Wonderfull video. Like always, i really enjoy yours videos, just wish that you would make more.
May i ask what music you are playing?
newb.
tangloppen

Postby Ruins » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:41 pm

I was completely unaware of this astonishing phenomenon. Thank you so much! It is magical!
Ruins

Postby efahrenholz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:21 pm

That's really cool, now I understand. Stanley I thought you had gone off the deep end. First UFO's then elves ans sprites. I didn't realize you meant the atmospheric events. I had a good laugh after I watched the video. :wink:
efahrenholz

Postby Stanley » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:32 am

Just an amazing phenomenon, never thought I'd get the chance to see it certainly not from home. I became aware of the phenomenon in the late 90's but never had a deep understanding of it till much latter. The most amazing footage comes from the high speed cameras coupled to ICCD's. There are some real phenomenal video's documenting TLE's, one of the best in my opinion is the one produced by NOVA 'At The Edge of Space' which can be watch on PBS for free http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/edge-of-space.html

efahrenholz,

Though it may not enlighten you as much as it did me, give the movie Paul a watch, that's when my eye's were opened to things I needed to know. The grey's didn't just give us iPhones, think bigger, much much bigger, advanced MCP, PC materials, micro bolometers and basically every cool gadget imaginable. I've yet to meet a grey I didn't like, such a wealth of knowledge these little buggers are, hope you get your chance soon.
Stanley

Postby Boatswain » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:34 am

Very nice! Now have some reading to do to see what this is about.
Boatswain

Return to Night Vision Images