Uploads of real night vision scenes

Moderator: Michael

See what I see? Now you can!

Postby nexus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:43 pm

[url]www.actinblack.com[/url] Night Vision in Europe
nexus

Re: See what I see? Now you can!

Postby efahrenholz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

I'm having a hard time understanding what's happening here...is that lens a prism of some sort to split the focal path? It just seems like you are recording through that lens somehow.
efahrenholz

Postby nexus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Yes, it is a see through mirror placed 45* to the camera. :wink:
nexus

Postby tangloppen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:27 am

Been dreaming about that setup for a long time. Too bad the Wilcox is so hard to get in EU.
newb.
tangloppen

Postby nexus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:49 am

it isn't very hard to do it your self if you can get someone to cut a pice of a see through mirror.
You only need to drill a hole in the wilcox filter and glue the mirror 45° to that hole.
Done.
nexus

Postby tangloppen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am

Well, make a whole bunch of these, and they will go like hot bread. I can find a whole bunch of buyers for you.
newb.
tangloppen

Postby 45K40 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Nexus,

Very clever with the beam-splitter setup, I like your idea a lot! Is that an MD-80 recorder? I had one for 6 months and it finally died. I can give you some tips for longevity. First is don't charge it unless needed. Never leave it on the charger for more than 4 hrs. The batt is a Li-ion ~270 mAh and the Chinese claim 2 hr runtime, but that is only power on and no recording (standby). When recording, at best you get ~1.5 hrs runtime (continous) when the batt is new. It seems either over-charging or frequent charging kills it, although quality Li-ion batts like to be immediately topped-off after use. Very bad to store 'em drained, too. My runtime fell down to 1/2 hr, then 15 minutes. Then it would randomly lock up in REC mode and I used the pinhole RESET button so many times, it broke. Lotsa other guys reported similar results in R/C forums (make your own surveillance drone). I had an idea to Velcro mine to my front sight base, but I'm not sure it would handle the recoil, so I never tried it. The cam does have good motion and still capture for 640x480 and a micro-lens. Have you busted caps with the rig yet?

45K40
"See all evil."
45K40

Return to Night Vision Images