Pictures taken through the D-112 Mono Goggle

Uploads of real night vision scenes

Moderator: Michael

Postby Tom » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:58 am

Thanks Brad,
So with this adapter and the NV adapter it should work?

-Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

Postby GodsCreation » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:34 am

the movie is awesome!
Nicely done, do u have some special connection
to fit it to your camera?

Looks cool, is it possible too to make some more open field images or movies without IR but with moon (if possible?)

Very nice tal to you on msn i hope

cya! :lol:
GodsCreation

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:44 am

Hey there,
I don't have the camera adapter, I'm just holding my NVD in front of my digital camera. It work well if you have a steady hand but it can't be compared with the real view through the D-112MG. I think I'm going to make some new photo's and movies this night. I'll load them up once I have them.

-ToM
Tom

Test D112 in drive in the night

Postby Luis » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:49 am

Hello man, excuse me for my english its to bad. but im interesting in the goggle D112 for drive in the night.... but y dont know much about the night vision... your test this equip driving in the night?, whow y can see that, the light of the other cars when come to me, block the vision of the device?

Thaks
Luis

I would feel safer driving after downing a fifth of scotch

Postby fkalich » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:00 am

gen I is only clear in the center of view. And the oncoming lights will be bad. Gen I does not have protection from overload, you will not only be blinded, you may blow the tube.

Even with top quality night vision, trying to drive a car at night is precarious to say the least. Maybe out in the desert isolated from other cars. Except you would be arrested for it, the police would not be sympathetic.
fkalich

don't get me wrong louis

Postby fkalich » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 am

I think you will have a lot of fun with the d112. If that is going to be your first night vision, and that is how much you want to spend, go for it, you won't regret it. That is the gen I that I would recommend. I got a gen I for my fist scope. I later bought gen III, however I would use the gen I if I did not have the gen III. They actually have very good clarity in the center of view. You do need to use the IR light quite a bit, the light amplification is not as high as you have on later generation night vision.

But driving, no.
fkalich

Re: I would feel safer driving after downing a fifth of scot

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:26 pm

fkalich wrote:gen I is only clear in the center of view. And the oncoming lights will be bad. Gen I does not have protection from overload, you will not only be blinded, you may blow the tube.

Even with top quality night vision, trying to drive a car at night is precarious to say the least. Maybe out in the desert isolated from other cars. Except you would be arrested for it, the police would not be sympathetic.

The D112 does have tube protection. It shuts off when it's exposed to bright lights.
Tom

Postby ek » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:58 am

I'm looking at the D-112. If I understand correctly the lense as delivered is unacceptable for head mount use?
I'm looking at something I could use for trail biking at night, and a good light is several hundreds of dollars anyway.
ek

Previous

Return to Night Vision Images