Mini-14 attached to different dayscopes

Uploads of real night vision scenes

Moderator: Michael

Mini-14 attached to different dayscopes

Postby iggy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:13 am

Wanted to share some images I took with the Mini-14 attached to the back of different dayscopes using the universal adapter for the mini.

The pics as always never really do the actual image justice, with me even more so as I use a cheap digital camera and don't use a camera adapter so its all free hand.
The scopes are taken off the weapon because I cant take my weapons to the place of the pics.

The scopes I took with me were:
Swarovski Habicht 6-24x50
Nikko Goldcrown 1.5-5x20
Bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50
Fake ACOG 4x32

The point I aimed the scopes at a roadsign that was at 260 meters (285 yards).
The fake ACOG was almost impossible to get right as the universal adapter does not fit it and I had to hold the ACOG/MINI/camera all at once.
I found that all scopes were usable but paralax ajustment is a real improvement, also for instance the Swarovski scope has a very fine target crosshair witch is not as visible as i would have liked when linked to a NVD.
Just wanted to ad a quik thanks to Sarito for making your Swarovski availble for this little experiment.

The scene at 1x mag with a Mini-14 gen 3 MX-10160A 1/4 moon with the city about 2km away, the lights in the background are ships lined up to gho into Rotterdam harbor

The Bushnell at 4.5x

Bushnell at 12x
]Image

The fake ACOG

The Nikko

The Swarovski

In the end I feel that a that a mag range of 2-8x and a large objective lens on the scope would get better results, also the paralax correction realy lets you Improve the image a great deal.
I'll try and make some pics of high grade scopes with low mag in the future
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iggy

good job

Postby digs251 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:46 am

Another great post iggy, you have done a good service to this site once again, great pics and all the facts.

Looks like you up graded your MIni14 to gen3 :wink: Do you still use the SHP
digs251

Postby iggy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi digs sorry i missed your post but haven checked up on the pinned posts in a while.
The mini with the SHP tube that I posted before I actualy ordered via OpticsHQ for a freind of mine for use on his farm.

His farm is in the Ukraine so a direct comparison between the two wil prove difficult but I hear the SHP does its work wel of keeping the farm safe in the Wilde East :D

Anyway the above post was made in a bit of a hurry so I forgot te size the pics correctly.
I also hope to post some other images of some scopes I took back with me from my holiday home (S&B 6x42 and Leupi vari-X III) but have to wait a bit for the moon to be at 1/3 or 1/4 to make the comparison with the other pics
iggy

Postby younggun » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:16 pm

what brand is the fake ACOG? ive been looking around for a good deal on one and that knock off actually looks pretty decent
younggun

Postby iggy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:27 pm

I got it from ebaybanned.com.
As I can remember it was pretty decent for on a cheap scope ona non recoiling airgun, how it would hold zero on a firearm a cant tell you as I hate re-zeroing everything and never installed it on one.
iggy

Postby iggy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Forgot, I just looked at the pic again an it seems to have turned out much more blurred than the image was in real life.
iggy

Return to Night Vision Images