New MUM Mount and ACOG NSN Pics

Uploads of real night vision scenes

Moderator: Michael

New MUM Mount and ACOG NSN Pics

Postby Clutch » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:44 pm

Hello all,

A customer requested a few shots of an ACOG with the MUM. Be VERY aware that the ACOG reticules is going to be very bright in the tube, probably too bright and could burn the image. There is no way to turn down the tritium reticules as we know in the ACOGS to work with NVD's. The only way I can see this working effectively, is to have a 10 year old reticule where its dim enough already by old age! There will be undoubtedly be a focus issue as well with the ACOG. Unfortunately, it's a hard device to use effectively at night, but I have heard some are doing it.

Victor Di Cosola
Tactical Night Vision Company
victor@tnvc-night-vision.com
(909) 659-2842
Clutch

Postby Clutch » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:27 pm

Here's what I am talking about...Tritium too bright. Focus not that bad, but the tritium is the killer.

Clutch

relex

Postby tman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:34 pm

I use a trijicon reflex sight with 4moa with my pvs-14 sometimes. It is about 7 years old and tritium has faded out some and works great now. I still like th eotech better though.
tman

Re: relex

Postby Clutch » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:29 am

tman wrote:I use a trijicon reflex sight with 4moa with my pvs-14 sometimes. It is about 7 years old and tritium has faded out some and works great now. I still like th eotech better though.

When I was at the Shot Show this year I once again talked with Triji about their NSN that is NOT NV compatible even though they keep stating it is. Well this time, a few big wigs agreed with me and hinted a newer model will show up with TRUE NV compatibility. We will see.
Victor Di Cosola
Tactical Night Vision Company
http://www.tnvc.com
victor@tnvc.com
(909)796-7000
Clutch

Postby Interloper » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:20 am

Use a tinted filter or use a small piece of tint on a clear lens on the eye piece.
The way I solved this problem was by cutting 2 small triangle shaped pieces of 3M ultra limo tint (darkest they make) and put it on a sacrificial lens and just taped it on. An issued sacrificial lens for the PVS-7/14 might fit on the eyepiece. You then just use this lens for NVD mode.
Interloper

Return to Night Vision Images