The D-112 Mono Goggle

Customer Reviews of Night Vision Equipment

Moderator: Michael

Postby Direwolf » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:01 am

Wow, fast responce...

I will try it out christmas night and see if I can see the reflection off there eyes from a good distance. Im just trying for the time being to see 120ft away, half of it is almost pitch darkness. Im thinking it will work out fine and the glass/not focusing the eye piece is what caused me to see not much of a change when using the unit looking out the glass door.

will give feedback in around two days, again thanks for all your helpful info
Direwolf

Postby Tom » Sun May 22, 2005 6:02 am

The human eyes light up just like when you see a cat at the side of the road when you are driving a car. It's not bright so the NVG will not shut itself down. Looks pretty freaky anyway :D I was walking around one night and my friend suddenly stood next to me, pretty zombie-like-sight :)
Tom

Postby KaneLupis » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:58 pm

To improve airsoft (and combat situations) I suggest getting a IR laser that's near invisible to anyone not using NV.
KaneLupis

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:06 pm

KaneLupis wrote:To improve airsoft (and combat situations) I suggest getting a IR laser that's near invisible to anyone not using NV.

just have to get .02 in.

IR lasers are not for Civilians, and not a toy to be played with. One shot to the eye with an IR laser will cause blindness. :wink:

Postby Abnormalia » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:50 pm

Since I'm hoping my ATN model that's coming in the mail arrives broken (So I have an excuse to return it :) ) I'd like to ask a few questions about this model (which I would get if..*cough cough* my purchase doesn't work).

1. Is this weather resistant? I purchase the MO4 specifically so I could use it in the rain if neccesary (ATN assured my I could indeed use it in the rain).

2. Does this unit stand up to very cold temperatures? I live in Wisconsin, USA and I also hunt. A NVD would be excellent when attempting to find my stand in the early morning hunting hours instead of crashing around the underbrush looking for it with a flashlight. The MO4 is rated to something around -30 degrees F while the D-112 around -4? It can get to -4 during hunting season occasionally.

Thanks!

-Andrew
Abnormalia

Postby Michael » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:13 pm

D-112 is weather resistant, i.e. can be used in rain, snow, fog, etc.

I have not had a chance to use either in VERY cold conditions, but the D-112 is quite popular in Rusiia (where it gets pretty darn cold).
Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Mon May 28, 2007 8:37 am

Hi there again, it's been a while since I last posted here.

My dad just got himself a Pentax K10 Camera and I'm wondering if the camera adapter from OpticsHQ will fit on this camera. It obviously also has to fit my D-112.

Does anyone have experience with this camera adapter?
Tom

Previous

Return to Night Vision Product Reviews