6015 from Optics HQ Review

Customer Reviews of Night Vision Equipment

Moderator: Michael

6015 from Optics HQ Review

Postby vincep » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:53 pm

Ok, i finally got my 6015 from Optics HQ tonight. (a day ahead of schedule) The unit is very light. The Mil Spec Headgear is the same basic design as the one that came with my AN PVS 7 Goggle. The tube is a B Grade Select Alpha and it's great! I really don't know why Michael desiginated this a "B"grade tube because to me it is very clean with the exeption of some VERY faint dots that are present in the outermost field of view. All i can say is, Michael is a VERY PICKEY person because i'm sure 98% of people would consider this tube an "A" Grade. The so called blemishes to me are negligable. You really have to look VERY hard to notice them. No big blotches that obstruct your viewing or anything. IMO the tube is 98% perfect. I did a side by side comparason of the peformance of this 6015 to my PVS 7

6015 Selet Alpha "B" Grade thin film, FOM 2160.8, Resolution 73lpmm, STN 29.6, P.R. 2549.00,HALO 0.6, EBI@800 1.171

AN PVS 7 Select Alpha "A" Grade regular film, FOM 1,635.2, Resolution 73lpmm, STN 22.4, P.R. 2,440.00 ,HALO 1.16, EBI@800 0.950

Peformance in outdoor subrban setting.
The 6015 has a slight edge in clarity and of course the HALO when looking at street lights is significantly smaller. Other than the fact that the tfilm has a lighter shade of green (almost yellow);the outdoor peformance was noticable but neligable between the two; with the greatly reduced HALO being an exeption.

Peformance in my garage in almost total darkness.
This is where the 6015 has a significant advantage. The image without the IR is slightly but noticably brigher with the 6015. The low light image is significantly better(sharper),again with the 6015. There is quite a bit less "static " under these low light conditions, again with the 6015.

Even though the 6015 is classified, by Michael, as being "B" grade, the overall good , blemish free picture, and "cleanliness" is noticably better than my so called "A" Grade Select Alpha , PVS 7 i recently got from a friend. The quality of the optics between the two units seem about the same.(I believe they are the same) However, the Field of View seems greater with the 6015 monocular. I don't know if it's an illusion because of my unaded eye being able to see or what, but i see now why the military is switching over to monoculars. There are definite advantages.
I feel i got an EXCELLENT Deal from Michael at Optics HQ and would gladly do business with him again.
Don't buy ATN Nightvision! Ask me and i'll tell you why.
vincep

Postby vincep » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:26 pm

One more thing i would like to add. The 6015, with the battery
installed, weighs only 12oz even. (not 12.5 as advertised) I weighed it 5 times on a high quality postage scale. I believe the PVS 14 is .5 oz heavier due to the variable gain knob. Not much difference but worth mentioning.
vincep

Postby vincep » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:58 am

Last week, walked around in the woods for about 2 hours with my 6015.
There was complete cloud cover, lightly drizzling, VERY dark conditions. I had absolutely no problem making my way around without any infrared illumination. I had an 880nm infrared flashlight with me but i only used it occasionaly to add some illumination when looking under thick brush at distances. My 6015 has unbelievable low light peformance and clarity under these low light conditions. With my unaded eye i could see nothing but darkness. This unit is beyond awesome. :D
vincep

Return to Night Vision Product Reviews