ATN NVG 7-3 Review Update Plus warning(ATN=P.O.S.)

Customer Reviews of Night Vision Equipment

Moderator: Michael

ATN NVG 7-3 Review Update Plus warning(ATN=P.O.S.)

Postby vincep » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:40 pm

I finally got my replacement unit after over a week and a half and guess what I got? Defective ATN product #4! This one starts up right away, the image tube is flawlwess BUT, it flickers like a stobe light AND the photo responce sucks! (gives about Gen 2 low light peformance). But that's not all. The shipped my unit to the wrong address and didn't include the data sheet as promised on both Optics Plus and ATN's Website. What they did do (after i called and complained ) is fax me is a copy of a data sheet that looks like they made up the figures AND the unit serial number doesn't match the unit they sent me! I had the opertunity to compare this P.O.S NVG 3 to a real Gen 3 unit (AN PVS Pair of goggles with a data card). There is simply NO comparason. the ATN IS NO WHERE CLOSE in peformance to the AN PVS. My warning to all is to NOT waste your time and money on an ATN Unit. Spend a few more dollars and get a unit that comes with a promise sheet and is of better quality. Now i'm going to mail back the unit and dispute the charges on my credit card. Don't go through the hassle i went through. I've been fooling around with ATN for a month and still they can't deliver a product that works even half way resonably well. Avoid ATN products like the plague. They have been nothing but a headache for me.
Last edited by vincep on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vincep

Vince

Postby Jemmy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:10 pm

Really sorry to hear about this, I am sure that you are really pissed and cant wait to put it behind you.
I still think that your best option would be a DVS-8 or a PVS-7 with a Gen 3 tube, you should ahve no problem getting either over there; it will cost a bit more then the NVG-7, but after the run of luck that you have had, it may have been cheaper in the long run.

I hope you get what you are looking for,

Good Luck,

Jem.
Jemmy

Postby vincep » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:47 pm

Sir, you are 100% correct and thank you.
Don't buy ATN Nightvision! Ask me and i'll tell you why.
vincep

Postby vincep » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:39 pm

Here is a copy of the "so called" Data Sheet that Steven from ATN faxed to me. Keep in mind, the Serial Number DOES NOT MATCH any ATN unit i ever had in my possession. Notice how the figures for the unit are all exactly in the middle and all the numbers are rounded. I'm no expert but don't figures like Photocathode Responce and Signal to Noise end in decimal points? For example, Photo Responce 1825.00(not 1800) and Signal to Noise 22.8 (not 22) Something just doesn't look right. Someone please tell me if i'm wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vincep on Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vincep

Postby Michael » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:39 pm

While the S/N is often a round number, it is EXTREMELY rare for the photoresponce to be exactly 1800 (or any number rounded at an even hundred). I just checked 100+ ITT Promis Cards and none of them are. Further, shouldn't there be a company name on the card/sheet or at least a reference as to where this numbers are coming from?

I am sorry to say this, but you my friend are being swindled.
Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Postby vincep » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:08 pm

I knew something just didn't seem right with this, "Data Sheet"! Well, as far as being swindled , this was an attemped swindling because i already mailed the unit back to Optics Plus and had the charges removed from my credit card. Although Steve(from Optics Plus) said he would refund my money, I wanted it sooner rather than at his conveinence. I want to put this behind me ASAP. Do you want to hear something scary? I BELIEVE Steve is going to tinker with these defective units and try to unload them on someone else. I say this, because in one of our e mail correspondences, he mentiones the fact that he fixed the original nvg 7-2(the one with the GROWING wiggly line across the field of view) saying there was only a piece of dirt in the lens. I will also note that there was a scratch on the metal part of the front lens of the unit;indicating that MAYBE this unit was used prior to he selling it to me as "new ". Back to this "Data Sheet", I mentioned, in my first recent e mail to Steve, that i was considering going to the Federal Authorities regarding this suspected fradulent Data Sheet. A copy of this email was forwarded to the Vice President of ATN(by Steve) for what he said would get " immediate " attention. I't's been 3 days and i've heard nothing. I suspect that perhaps deliberate wrong doing is going on down at ATN. After receiving this document, i can conclude that the staff at ATN is either incompetent, dishonest or both. I just checked ATN's website and they list ALL gen 3 units come with a manufactures test data CARD. You see what they sent me only after practically begging(on my part) and after hearing, "I don't know" and alot of excuses(on their part).
Last edited by vincep on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vincep

Postby vincep » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:05 pm

You're not going to believe this. I got an email from Steve from Optics Plus tonight complaining about the fact that i disputed the charges for the crappy units from ATN accompanied by the fraudulent data sheet. He further went on in an attempt to slander Nightvision Mall stating that ATN "Pulled' thier dealiership. As far as i'm concerned, even if that were the case, which i don't believe so, it was probably for not playing ball with ATN by unloading their crappy products on customers. Soon i'm planning on buying a quality unit from Nightvision mall. I'd like to join the mulitiude of happy customers who have posted reviews on their QUALITY products.
vincep

Postby Clutch » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:53 am

Ubelievable business practices! Terrible stuff all for making a few pennies on the dollar! I'd post this over here as well, this info needs to be out! http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=18
Victor Di Cosola
Tactical Night Vision Company
http://www.tnvc.com
victor@tnvc.com
(909)796-7000
Clutch

Postby vincep » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:18 pm

I agree. Spread the word.
vincep

Return to Night Vision Product Reviews