atn voyager grade d tube

Discussion about ATN / Blackline Optics Night Vision Products

Moderator: Michael

atn voyager grade d tube

Postby tazorac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:36 pm

hey, i am going to get new night vision for my birthday. i have owened a gen 1 night owl for a year and i would like to take the step up to generation 2. i have found two products that have cought my eye. the first is the atn voyager with the grade d gen 2 tube. i have a few questoins. i realise spots are normal, but will this be a big problem, or will they be small? also, this is the site i want to buy it from, it says that it is an autherized dealer, but i want to make sure it has a good reputation. http://www.opticsplus.net/home/store/NightVision/Binoculars/Voyager_D_Bi-Ocular2ndGen
also, i was reading about the specs of it and i found that the detectoin range was WAY bigger then those of higher priced second gens. i read that this is because of the big 25mm intensifyer tube. does this tube actually outperform other generatoin 2 tubes?

also, if you have a segestoin for a 2nd generation tube that is below 1,000$ i am open to suggestoins! thnx
tazorac

Ish... Voyager

Postby OWNEDITBEFORE » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:42 pm

I had one of these things. They are huge... I mean huge. I would not buy it again (even though performance is wonderful).

Look at the size of this thing. I say go for a PS-14 or D300/260 or something.
OWNEDITBEFORE

Re: Ish... Voyager

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:55 pm

OWNEDITBEFORE wrote:I had one of these things. They are huge... I mean huge. I would not buy it again (even though performance is wonderful).

Look at the size of this thing. I say go for a PS-14 or D300/260 or something.

lets say im not too conserened with the size (i am awear it is huge) did you own a grade d tube? btw, thnx for responding.

Stop the presses!

Postby OWNEDITBEFORE » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:31 pm

No, I had the regular scope with a nice clean tube. I would not touch a D grade tube.. ever. I have seen these thing in person and they are uggggleee. Go for the regular tube... stay away from Grade D unless you can get a looksee prior to buying.
OWNEDITBEFORE

reply to tazorac

Postby joseph » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:29 pm

hey i'm on the exact same page as you. i bought the gen 1 night owl nocx3 from walmart for 150$ and i loved it. i'll admit the illuminator wasn't that far ranged, about 30 yds, but on a full moon u can see everything. i eventually brought it back. i want to move up to a gen 2 rifle scope and i was looking at the atn aries mk series for like $800. it has a d grade tube but i don't care. i read another forum and the guy said it wasn't a big deal, just a black spot at the top right corner of the screen.

if reply email me at josephhons_rookie72@hotmail.com
joseph

Return to ATN Night Vision