ATN viper in a paintball game.

Discussion about ATN / Blackline Optics Night Vision Products

Moderator: Michael

ATN viper in a paintball game.

Postby pb » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:48 am

Hi guys,

Im wondering if its possible to use the ATN viper outside of a paintballmask? I mean, does it have to pushed all up in front of my eye for any use at all? or can I just place it on my mask? there is about 1cm space between eyes and mask..

Thanks
pb

Postby Kalua1969 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:58 am

I suppose it would work, but just know that it's always best to have the eyepiece as close to your eye for optimal viewing performance. That way you'll have a better overall field-of-view.

~Brad
http://www.nightvisionmall.com
http://www.opticshq.com
Kalua1969

Postby PaulBroz » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:11 pm

It really won't work very well through a PB mask, possibly if you really squint you might be able to see the image.

Of course you won't be able to wear the mask and the head rig in the first place, if you manage it then you must have a huge forehead and the safety of the mask would be somewhat in question.

Then there is the fact that you shouldn't expect the NVD to survive a game anyway. Assuming it doesn't fall off when you are running and you don't wack it on a tree or poleaxe yourself, there is no way it will take a solid hit from a paintball, expect a cracked lens, smashed casing, buggered electronics etc.

Really don't do it, expensive consumer electronics and paintball do not mix at all. Ask yourself the question, would you take a DV camera on to a field during play?
PaulBroz

Postby Milo » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:03 pm

Hi there,

Well if you had a scope with decent eye relief it would work. Remember you need to make a cover for the lense to protect it from being hit. And possibly one for the body too.
Milo

Return to ATN Night Vision