New mini 14 select alpha Ordered w/hand select tube :) + ELR

Discussion about ATN / Blackline Optics Night Vision Products

Moderator: Michael

New mini 14 select alpha Ordered w/hand select tube :) + ELR

Postby aamos » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:42 am

Will post pics when i get it on friday ....from others reviews on just the norm version of this unit , im certain it will rock. The ELR looked very bright, too cool, cant wait to try it out. .Question.....What does the ELR look like? I have an idea one of two items on the AR pic in review section. Is it the peq2 looking item or the one i suspect on right side of the reciever the round flashlight looken item? Also what type of mounting solution come with ELR QD/screws? Prefer QD hopen thats the case. I got the universal adapter, will that work with a ta 11 acog scope?
Id like to ask a moderator also if they can confirm the filmless/gated units arnt designated gen 4 by the military becasue 1.the lifespan is significantly shorter? 2. The units are not yet rated to be mounted to weapons systems? Just stuff ive heard. Thanks for any replys to my questions
aamos

ta11 question clarification

Postby aamos » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:59 am

I realize my ta 11 isnt nvd compatible ...im wondering if the adapter will fit over it and scopes like it. After reading my post over i felt i needed to clarify.
aamos

Postby aamos » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:15 am

NM realize now the adapter is jut for cameras and the like ...i knew i didnt need anything for an eotech/aimpoint set up....well itll come in handy for taken some nice pics which i will post in the review section ...sooooon
aamos

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:18 am

Aamos,

Putting together your unit today. I will make sure that you are not disappointed. The ELR is the "flashlight looking" unit on the AR. The mount is a regular thumbscrew, but if you want QD A.R.M.S. makes a mount #17DR that will work.

You are correct, there is no official classification of 4th generation. The tubes tested did not handle the recoil and did not last the required 10,000+ hours.

We should have the universal mounts back in stock in about a week or so. I am still finalizing the design for the camera adapter bushing, so that should be available sometime after. The mount should allow attachment to just about anything; it is only a matter of the correct bushings. If the 7 bushings that are included with the unit (sizes: 39mm, 40mm, 41mm, 42mm, 43mm, 44mm, and 45mm) do not work, you can just get some PVC pipe of the correct diameter.
Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Thanks ! I really am intrigued by the filmless/gated tech, and would have gone that way save for the fact i need the m4 mount capability of the latest 3rd gen. I was only slightly put off by the ..again very informative info i read concerning reflections in the eotech 550 models while usen the built in IR on the Mini14....I added a 552 to the order anyhow knowing full well that with the quality of this unit im certain ill rarely have need for IR and if i do, :) BAM! ELR. hooah! ...hmmm question ...what does an ELR do to a say ...gen 1 gen 2 nvd if full exposure is attained ...? complete wash out ? possible unit dmg? hmmm just curious. Still wondering what x ray particals do to 3rd gen if anything at all. Another member asked about it, im curious as well. Thanks again michael.

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:56 pm

Direct exposure to ELR of Gen 1 would result in a "white-out", I am not sure about Gen 2, but it will definately dampen its brightness. As far as I know, x-rays cause no damage to night vision.
Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Return to ATN Night Vision