pvs7 spots

Discussion about ITT Night Vision Products

Moderator: Michael

pvs7 spots

Postby Robert » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:34 am

my beloved pvs7 gogles now have spots on them problem is the spots are now joining up getting bigger is there eney thing i can do to remove the spots keep hearing about putting tubes in a dark place pointing at sheet of paper will this work on my gogles thanks for all advice
Robert

Re: pvs7 spots

Postby mugur » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:45 am

never heard about black spots coming from nowhere... are you sure you don't use your glasses with too much light or pointed at bright light sources? where are the spots located? can you take some pictures thru your pvs7. also, depends what tube you have inside, it is normal or autogated?

what i know (from reading) about the method you described:
you should totally cover the objective, put fresh batteries on it and put your device in a totally dark place over night or even for >24 hours.
this should be done right after a spot developed (after pointed to a very bright light source) it seems. no idea why this method works (i've asked but no answer) but people reported success after this operation.

Where are the spots located? try to take some pictures pointed at a white wall or piece of paper.
Quality only hurts once!
mugur

Re: pvs7 spots

Postby Robert » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:45 am

hi spots have started small looked like dust on difrent parts of the tube now are getting larger and spots close to each other are now joining and becoming one bigger spot tube is standard pvs7 itt tube gen3 image still good and still dims if pointed at light sorce every thing performs as it should just wondered if i could still save tube or stop spots eney ideas thanks
Robert

Return to ITT Night Vision