ITT night mariner 250/260 Gen 3 binoculars

Discussion about ITT Night Vision Products

Moderator: Michael

ITT night mariner 250/260 Gen 3 binoculars

Postby Searcher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi everyone, I've just been given a pair of ITT night mariner 250/260 Gen3 binoculars. The problem is, I don't know how to use them. The friend that gave them to me didn't either. There was no user manual so I've just worked out a couple of things>>>> the top button turns it on, the oblong middle button is focus, the bottom two buttons are for plus or minus light and that's it. When I turn the unit on a red indicator light flashes in the lens so I thought it may be a battery low thing so have replaced the battery. It still does the same, it switches off after a few seconds. I can't see anything with it in the dark and when I point it at something emitting light it does show up as a green image but the unit turns off again after a few seconds??? Can you please help with some info?? or is it a DUD unit. I'm realy "IN THE DARK" over this one?? Thanks...
Searcher

Re: ITT night mariner 250/260 Gen 3 binoculars

Postby Stanley » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 pm

I'd suggest you contact the folks at AEO http://www.aeoptics.com/repair.html They are one of the few places that stock parts as well as offering repair services for these.
Stanley

Postby rusty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Due to ITAR if you send them to the US for repair I dont think you will be able to get them back.

This may also apply to other countries which have export restrictions.

cheers
rusty

Postby efahrenholz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:41 am

I know this sounds strange, but what kind of battery are you using in the unit? I purchased a night vision scope claimed to be faulty off eBay, but it was perfectly fine. The problem was the owner tried to use a cr2 battery, which is too short to reach the spring of the battery cap. The scope actually needed a cr123a. After I placed the correct battery in the unit, it began working right away.

This particular problem appears to be a low battery voltage. The circuit board could be faulty, or the batteries you are using aren't correct/fresh. I have a night quest unit (non binocular model), made around the same time and mine has a little red light inside that flashes when the power is too low to operate the unit--then it powers off.
efahrenholz

Postby Searcher » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Thank you everyone, I've sent an E mail to the co you mentioned. Will try other battery as the one in mine was Duracell 223 wich was replaced with a (Chinese) CR-P2 so don't know if that's part of the problem?? they seem to be in contact with the terminals fine. Thanks again for the info.....Regards....Searcher
Searcher

Postby cxysyr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Searcher wrote:Thank you everyone, I've sent an E mail to the co you mentioned. Will try other battery as the one in mine was Duracell 223 wich was replaced with a (Chinese) CR-P2 so don't know if that's part of the problem?? they seem to be in contact with the terminals fine. Thanks again for the info.....Regards....Searcher

Your language makes me feel
Made in China = junk
cxysyr

Postby Searcher » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:54 am

No,no, I didn't want it to sound like that it's rather that a lot of things we get in NZ are not of the same standards or values. ie:- My size in UK size clothes has always been L,OS or sometimes XL. The clothes I buy to fit me that are made in China are mostly XL or XXL and shoes are 11 instead of UK 9.5 or 10's. What I meant was intended to see if the Chinese made battery was of a differant standard or power rating or value or ???? Hey most things are now made in China nowerdays so it's not an issue or is it??? Do you know anything about about my scope problems mmm???
Searcher

Return to ITT Night Vision