Help With Tube Wiring / Voltages

Discussion about ITT Night Vision Products

Moderator: Michael

Help With Tube Wiring / Voltages

Postby R33 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 am

Hi All,

I'm selling an ITT tube on a certain auction site but I've been unable to test it and it's power supply. The NV camera it came from has failed but I'm sure the problem isn't with the tube or it's PSU. Whilst still in the camera there was no voltage going from the camera into the tubes PSU so I suspect the tube is perfectly OK. The problem is I don't know what voltages to apply to the three input wires of the PSU to test the tube. There are three input wires, a red, black and white.

Could anyone speak with authority and advise what voltages need to be applied to which wire please?

Many thanks in advance.

R33

Re: Help With Tube Wiring / Voltages

Postby efahrenholz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 am

That tube looks like a itt nightquest tube. Anyways, here's the rundown:

The red,black and white wire bundle is the power in. The red is positive, black is negative and the white wire is the gain signal. You can just short it to the red wire.

The other bundle of wires are the power supply feed wires, and you just need to color match the wires. Make sure that you seal those wires, either with electrical tape, silicone or any type of super high dielectric. Just make sure you test it in the dark.
efahrenholz

Postby R33 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:04 am

Great many thanks, and do you know what input voltage I apply?
R33

Postby nexus » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:46 pm

3 to 3,7V should do it.

You can also seal the wires with a few drops of wax, easy to remove later and a very very good isolator. ;)
[url]www.actinblack.com[/url] Night Vision in Europe
nexus

Postby R33 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:26 am

Many thanks for your help, it's tested and working and looks like a very clean tube.
R33

Return to ITT Night Vision