Postby crichton26 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:34 am

Tube info:

Image Intensifier Assembly
ITT Night Vision Systems
Roanoke, VA

275007-1
CAD 0423

SN 1481315

I have the "Skullcrusher" headgear, a rail mount and bag, and a custom Pelican case for the scope itself. Picture of the etched reticle.

It is in a new Aurora PVS-14 housing. Very clear tube. I have been unable to reach anyone at ITT for a data sheet.

Open to all reasonable offers and trades. Only willing to ship within the continental US.

Please email brianprimm at yahoo dot com. I have photos available. I have been unable to find anyone who wants to purchase locally. Decided that this needs to go so I can buy a sparkly diamond engagement ring.
See the sacrifices we make for love? :)

Brian

An email from Ed Wilcox:

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your interest in my night vision products and services.

The one in the picture was made by ITT in the second week of June in 2004 and is an autogated F9815xx tube. The reticle is chemically etched into the back of the fiber optic bundle. Of the three tubes I've tested, they all seem to have relatively large Halos (able to tolerate weapons recoil) and the end use might have been for weapons mounted applications. Few of these tubes were made, how many? I do not know, but would guess less than 100.

The part number is 275007-? shown in your middle picture, giving that to anyone whom you contact at ITT will help them ID your tube.

The AN/PVS-14's can be impressive when built using the best parts and tubes, as my Customers tell me.

If ITT provides you with any additional information I would sincerely appreciate hearing what they have to say about its history and intended use.

If you have any questions or need any information, always feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Ed Wilcox

On 2/18/2011 6:59 AM, brian primm wrote:
> I was told by these gentleman to contact you about a PVS-14 I picked up at a gun show, and was wondering if you could find any information about it for me. Pictures available at the link.
>
> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6420
>
> I am fascinated by the reticle, and how clear the optics look. Of course, the last time I used a set of nods was a 7B in 2003. Can you tell me anything about it?
>
> Brian Primm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by crichton26 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
crichton26

Re: WTS AN/PVS-14 - Taking reasonable offers

Postby crye-baby » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:00 am

I would be interested, how much are you looking to get Sir. I assume it has a manual gain, is this correct. shoot me a pm if you like. btw, love is so overrated - hope this lady knows how much you care :D
Former PEQ-15 User - ya Win some... & ya Lose some...........
crye-baby

Postby flex297 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Love is not overrated...
Diamonds are...
Any color you like...
flex297

Postby crye-baby » Tue May 03, 2011 6:29 pm

As usual flex, you are correct Sir :wink:
Former PEQ-15 User - ya Win some... & ya Lose some...........
crye-baby

Postby efahrenholz » Wed May 11, 2011 1:11 am

Wow...idk what to say to that.

Any woman that comes between me and my night vision better be the naked. She better make a mean sammich too! That's a pretty big sacrifice.

Hopefully we can get it sold for you though, congrats on the engagement.
efahrenholz

Postby crichton26 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Sorry about the delay. I've had a few bites via email, but the two offers I've had must have been in Euros or something. "Will you take a thousand?" Yes. A thousand five dollar bills. :)

It is a manual gain.

I was praying for about $3500, the company wouldn't pick 75% tubes to etch reticles on. This is a really nice tube. It's a shame I can't get anyone at ITT to return my calls so I can prove it with a data sheet.

Again, reasonable offers welcome. And if anyone "in the know" would verify/dispute/complain about the price even if they aren't interested, please do. I just want a fair deal for all around.
crichton26

Postby Dino1130 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Just going to be honest with you. I know it has a etched reticle and all that. Problem is that it is a used tube without a data sheet. Many people would not want the etched reticle so your market is smaller. I buy and sell LOTS of used gear. I am not in the market but if I was I would not pay over $2500.00 . And at $2,500.00 it would have to be a scope I really wanted. What I think a scope is worth and what the market will pay are sometimes wildly different.

People can buy a brand new AG PVS-14 with a warranty and a data card for $3,500.00 . You are going to be hard pressed to make the sale at the price you want. I wish you luck and hope you get what you are asking but just don't think you will. Good luck with it ! :D
Last edited by Dino1130 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn’t know how to use it.
Dino1130

Postby crichton26 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:11 pm

I appreciate the honesty. I really don't deal with NVG stuff. Ever. I buy and sell AR stuff all day, but the NVG stuff... not so much.

I got an offer of three guns in trade that I know I can flip for at least $2500, so you are probably in the right ballpark.

Does anyone have any idea how to get a response from ITT? I'd be willing to pay them for the data sheet.
crichton26

Postby Dino1130 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Your best bet is to call the service dept. Be very nice and see if they will help you They don't have to and may tell you to pound sand in a nice way. I find some good conversation can loosen the ice. Some can get info out of them and some can't. Be persistent but don't be a pain in the ass. They may look up the specs for you. Still , I don't think you will get a data card out of them. At best they may tell you what the specs were when new. Some here have good connections at ITT.

Out of respect I can't tell you who they are. If they wish to help you I suspect you will get a PM from them. Many times they just don't want to get involved and I understand that as well. I have more luck with a phone call than a email if that helps you any. :D

Does the tube have a contract # ? If so post it and we can give you more info. With what you have provided I could only give you a rough estimate.
I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn’t know how to use it.
Dino1130

Re: WTS AN/PVS-14 - SOLD - Thanks guys!

Postby crichton26 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:51 am

Appreciate your help and pricing. Thanks to the members on this board, I traded for three expensive pistols, and both the trader and myself are very happy with the deal. With any luck, I'll be buying that engagement ring soon. Then I will be back in a year or two to pick up some NVGs........

Brian
crichton26

Re: WTS AN/PVS-14 - SOLD - Thanks guys!

Postby efahrenholz » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Congratulations. That's the way night vision is with us it seems. We are addicted to our hobby.
Some of us are very, very addicted.
efahrenholz

Return to ITT Night Vision