PVS-4 objective end final mirror

Discussion about ITT Night Vision Products

Moderator: Michael

PVS-4 objective end final mirror

Postby catdan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:20 am

Hi awhile ago I managed to get my hands on a well used but good condition PVS-4 night sight, this may seam how hum to most but I live in New Zealand and it's realy hard to get anything decent without having to go to the intelagence corps to get detected for extreme tendancys and then putting your hand in all your pockets to pay the dozen or so middle men, so down here things like this are still sort after and rare.
sorry to bore you with my curcumstances,
My objective is clear apart from the final mirror that seams to have a thin film of dust on it or at least that's what it looks like from the tube end as well as the front end, it is spread so evenly it almost looks as if it's supposed to be like that? I would love to find out before having to go through all the hassle of manufacturing all the nessacary tools to do the job.
Dose any body know where I can get an original lens cap for the objective that can be exported to New Zealand?

Thanks; Dan
catdan

Re: PVS-4 objective end final mirror

Postby Dino1130 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:25 am

Pics ? I really don't know how you would get a fine layer of dust inside the lens. NV Depot and a few others sell parts for the PVS-4. Ebay has stuff from time to time as well. Is the lens damaged anywhere that would allow dust in ? I know all about Itar . The PVS-4 is all over the world and you only need a lens cap. A lens cap would be splitting hairs and I really thing you can find someone in the US to ship you one. If I had a extra I would send it to you. If you are just looking to protect the lens and don't need the OEM cap a good camera shop should be able to find a cap that will work well.
I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn’t know how to use it.
Dino1130

Postby catdan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks for the reply , No my scope is un damaged and all the other lenses look christal clear, what I realy need is for somone to look into the objectice on their scope and you can see the reflection of the final mirror in the lenses, dose yours look perfectly clean or slightly speckely. Or get a reply from someone who has had one apart.
Can't get a decent photo with out disasembling the device.
Yes I have been following E Bay PVS-4 auctions but so far the have refused me however I will keep trying,
Thanks Dan
catdan

Postby marc_pril » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 pm

You can forget ebay. All nightvision items have an ebay built in non-us buyer restriction.

I'll try and ask around however. Might know someone that has one.

Regards,

Marc
marc_pril

Postby Langy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:33 am

catdan wrote:Hi awhile ago I managed to get my hands on a well used but good condition PVS-4 night sight, this may seam how hum to most but I live in New Zealand and it's realy hard to get anything decent without having to go to the intelagence corps to get detected for extreme tendancys and then putting your hand in all your pockets to pay the dozen or so middle men, so down here things like this are still sort after and rare.
sorry to bore you with my curcumstances,
My objective is clear apart from the final mirror that seams to have a thin film of dust on it or at least that's what it looks like from the tube end as well as the front end, it is spread so evenly it almost looks as if it's supposed to be like that? I would love to find out before having to go through all the hassle of manufacturing all the nessacary tools to do the job.
Dose any body know where I can get an original lens cap for the objective that can be exported to New Zealand?

Thanks; Dan

I may have one ....If you pm me your email address, I will have a look for you'
Cheers
Dave
Langy

Postby catdan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:28 pm

After many hours and much investigation I have found out that if you shine a light down there it is supposed to look like that. so their you are lots of worry and a full strip down for no reason.
catdan

Return to ITT Night Vision