help

Discussion about Multi Purpose Night Vision Systems

Moderator: Michael

help

Postby tolley » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

I'm gutted just spotted a bunny out the front window with my nv spotter, so took my .17hmr rifle with pvs14 on the back out to knock it over for fox bait, only to find out that it wouldn't turn on. Suddenly had that feeling of dred, as i only changed the battery a few nights back, turns out i've left it on overnight since about 3am when i had a quick scan out the window for a fox. Its scarred the tube with the retical now, i'm seroiusly pi##ed off with myself because the tube was flawless. Anyway won't be doing that in a rush again, anyone know how much a new gen 3 spotless tube costs?

just seen this on another forum anyone help?
tolley

Re: help

Postby Dino1130 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Oh boy. :shock: Try the dark room trick for 24 hours before you freak out. Put fresh batteries in it. Turn it on with max gain and wrap it up in tin foil. Put it in a dresser drawer or anywhere you have COMPLETE darkness for 24 hours. Don't peek and just let it run. It may fix it or at least make it better. Sounds like it may not help but we must try first.

Try this first and if no joy we can discuss tubes.
I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn’t know how to use it.
Dino1130

Postby efahrenholz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Dino is right!! Perhaps a week in a dark box would help though. I don't think 24 hours is enough time to repair the damage. Just run it in a light tight box till the batteries run out, honestly. We've seen too many damaged tubes repaired this way.
efahrenholz

Postby b_rogers » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Is it just black areas from a NON illuminated reticle? I get those from time on a similar hunting setup, but gen 2. That one stays attached to the scope always and sometimes when I remove it and use, ill notice the imprint. Its different than say the imprint from a eotech or red dot. Mine go away after an hour or so use.
http://www.downtowndogz.com
b_rogers

Postby tolley » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 am

b_rogers wrote:Is it just black areas from a NON illuminated reticle? I get those from time on a similar hunting setup, but gen 2. That one stays attached to the scope always and sometimes when I remove it and use, ill notice the imprint. Its different than say the imprint from a eotech or red dot. Mine go away after an hour or so use.

yes from a non illuminated reticle.
tolley

Postby b_rogers » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Any updates? I would try the "leave it in a dark drawer" method described above, couldn't hurt.
http://www.downtowndogz.com
b_rogers

Return to Multi Purpose Systems