new in night vision

Discussion about Night Vision Weapon Sights

Moderator: Michael

new in night vision

Postby airman59 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:27 am

Hi all,
I am new on this forum and new to night vision. In fact have never even looked through any night vision units. Have been soaking in any information I can find on this subject and ran upon this forum and has been more informative than anywhere else have found on the internet. I have been an avid shooter/hunter since a kid. I am 54 years old and live in ne Arkansas on 400 acres unimproved woodland with plenty of wildlife included predators. I want to get into nighttime predator hunting and need help deciding what to get for first unit. I have several rifles in different caliber but plan using my colt le6920 m4 which now has an aimpoint pro rds for primary for predator hunting but will other rifles sometime. Most shots will made under 150 yards and so far have narrowed down between a m845 mk.4 2.8x gen3 rds scope which will handle up to 308 cal. recoil and is less money or a tnv/pvs-14 l3 gen3 Omni vIII but more expensive. I am on a fixed income so money is a factor of decision. I would like some opinions on these units or suggestion of any other units that may be a better option to meet my needs. Sorry for the long post and appreciate any help and ideas given. Thanks in advance for inputs.
sincerely airman59
airman59

Return to Weapon Sights