Newbie Question

Discussion about Night Vision Weapon Sights

Moderator: Michael

Newbie Question

Postby AK_Zombie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi,

New guy here from Alaska who ran across the forum searching for information on a scope I recently picked up. It was advertised as parts only but I've been able to get it working for the most part. I have one last issue and I am here humbly to ask any and all on this board who have way more experience with these than I do.

The down and dirty. The scope in question is a Zeiss Orion 80/I which I picked up for 200 bucks back in April. Everything seems to be working great with exception of the image brightness. It's fine for the first 30-45 seconds when the unit is first powered up, then it quickly brightens dramatically before dimming to 30-40% of the original brightness at power-up. My guess is the power supply but I've not found anything definitive online to confirm this. Next up would be does anyone know of a source for parts for the unit I have. There seems to be plenty of forum activity about them on the various forums I've perused but nothing about parts, repairs, etc.

Thanks,

Dave
AK_Zombie

Re: Newbie Question

Postby motorhead » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:49 pm

there were a ton of these imported a year or so ago. GEN I if i remember correctly. the most memorable fact was the manual was in german. they went for $600-800. i almost bought one myself but found a deal on an AN/PVS-4 on ebay.
motorhead

Postby motorhead » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 pm

motorhead

Postby usnv » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Hello!

Look at I-E-A in Germany: http://www.night-tronic.de/122/Zielgeräte/HensoldtOrion80I

Regards
USNV
usnv

Return to Weapon Sights