ATN PS-40 CGTI

Discussion about Night Vision Weapon Sights

Moderator: Michael

ATN PS-40 CGTI

Postby mungus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Anyone tried an ATN PS-40 CGTI Day/Night clip on sight? Care to share you views? :?:

I see allot of complaints here re ATN customer service, however I also read that their CGTI offerings are not too bad.
Allegedly a blemish free and reasonable quality GEN2+ tube.

I know that these PS-40 CGTI's are fairly new to the market but ATN has apparently been selling a few. (40 mm exit being way better for larger day scopes).
Aside from the 40 mm output I imagine they are basically an improved PS-22 CGTI.

In Australia thats about as good as you can easily get ex USA for a day/night system. :roll:
I am about to get one to put in front of a Night Force NXS 5.5-22x50mm day scope, mounted on a McMillan SIRS pitcanny rail.
I will also use it on a CZ 17 HMR for foxes. That runs a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42mm. The ATN scope bell mount is a plus there as I don't really want to screw rails on a nice wooden stocked CZ Bruno.

Unfortunately the PVS22/26 family or a BNS, is way beyond my budget at $8 to 10K USD, and hard to source ex USA anyway.
Every website I view says LE/Military only for those... :cry:
Although I hear you can export them if you find the right shop. :?
mungus

Re: ATN PS-40 CGTI

Postby marc_pril » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 am

I have reasonable experience with the PS40. It uses standard slim anvis tubes and that is a very big plus.
Furthermore the collimation is easily done yourself using a red laser and a High stop ND filter.
Tube installation is a bit fiddly and you need a lathe but also not terribly difficult.
It is a shame for this unit that ATN has such a bad name as this is really a good piece of kit!

I know the answer is about a year late, but someone might profit
marc_pril

Return to Weapon Sights