getting logged out

General discussion about Daytime Optics.

Moderator: Michael

getting logged out

Postby saturnsc2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 pm

why do i keep getting logged out when viewing night vision images? anyone else have this problem? this new forum sucks compared ot the old one, nothing but trouble...
saturnsc2

Re: getting logged out

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:04 pm

While there may be some bugs initially, I think in the long run getting rid of spammers is worthwhile. If you (or anyone else) is experiencing any time of issues, please email me and we will look into it.
Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Postby Dino1130 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:46 pm

It takes a little getting used to as in anything new. If it gets rid of the spammers I think it is well worth it. They were getting annoying as hell ! Thanks for doing something to fix it ! :D
I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn’t know how to use it.
Dino1130

Postby IHJ » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 am

Seems fine to me :) just a little disconcerting to look at, I'd got used to the old forum layout. I use Firefox for web browsing.

I administer a shooting forum in Europe & we took the decision to go to completely manual registration - I have to approve each one! (about 6-12 per day) we are currently seeing a lot of hacked Gmail accounts but whatever its nearly always WebMail account holders who do the spamming. I know some forums that will not accept a webmail address as an 'identity' at all. Yes, we do have members whose User Names bear no relation at all to their E-mail Names ( :roll: ).
IHJ

Postby saturnsc2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:27 pm

this only seems to happen while i am looking at night vision photos. i click on one thread, view the photos, & then hit the back button to click on another photo thread & when i try to view the photos on that thread they don't show & i look up at the top where you log in & suddenly i'm no longer logged in. that's exactly what's happening. yesterday i must have re-logged in 7 times to keep looking at photos....

sooo....has anybody else had these exact same issues?

& by the way occasionly i might come back to the forums to find me no longer logged in. sometimes that also happens....
saturnsc2

Postby MishaK » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Can you post a link to the post you are getting logged out from?

I can not seem to replicate this.
MishaK

Postby saturnsc2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:36 pm

MishaK wrote:Can you post a link to the post you are getting logged out from?

I can not seem to replicate this.
it happens to just about anyone on the photo site at random. maybe it's not doing it anymore now as it did a couple days ago....
saturnsc2

Postby saturnsc2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:39 pm

ok i spoke too soon. it just logged me out after i viewed this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2864 i had to log back in to post this message...
saturnsc2

Postby saturnsc2 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:04 am

did anybody here ever find out why i keep getting logged out? it happens all the time like when i switch pages, or hit the back button...
saturnsc2

Postby saturnsc2 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Dino1130 wrote:It takes a little getting used to as in anything new. If it gets rid of the spammers I think it is well worth it. They were getting annoying as hell ! Thanks for doing something to fix it ! :D

well congrads on the "fix" it eliminated spammers, but i wonder how many members it also eliminated by them leaving with disgust like i'm about to. it's so dam annoying that i keep getting logged out i want to punch my monitor every time it happens...
saturnsc2

Postby saturnsc2 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:25 pm

Michael wrote:While there may be some bugs initially, I think in the long run getting rid of spammers is worthwhile. If you (or anyone else) is experiencing any time of issues, please email me and we will look into it.

i sent a pm to you a few days ago regarding this problem, but when i click on sent messages it doesn't show the message i just sent. i guess i have the new forums to thank for this also...
saturnsc2

Postby Michael » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:30 pm

I am sorry you feel that way, but a) no one else seems to have this problem (at least no one else contacted us about it, and b) we tried to recreate the problem you were having and were unable to. Now, taking those two points into consideration, do you think it MIGHT be possible that the problem is on your end? In any case, this will be the new platform that we are using and I think it works for the majority as well.
Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Postby saturnsc2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Michael wrote:I am sorry you feel that way, but a) no one else seems to have this problem (at least no one else contacted us about it, and b) we tried to recreate the problem you were having and were unable to. Now, taking those two points into consideration, do you think it MIGHT be possible that the problem is on your end? In any case, this will be the new platform that we are using and I think it works for the majority as well.

my end? how so? the problems didn't start until the forum change. i never got logged out on any other forum in the past & now. the problems started here with the change. i get logged out no matter what i'm doing. i can't figure out why. i'm sure others had the problem, but might not surf the forums like i do so they don't report it...
saturnsc2

Postby saturnsc2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:17 pm

if you have any ideas on what the problem could be on my end i'm all ears. i cleaned out all my cookies & did a virus scan, check my hard drive for errors, everything checks out good. i'm listening......

i always check the box to keep me logged in.

p.s. i had to log in once to post this messsage, & right after to view some photos...
saturnsc2

Postby IHJ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:49 am

A friend of mine has a similar problem on a PHPwebsite I run, he writes his post then goes to 'respond' or whatever & it boots him off :lol: at other times he goes to log in & 'it' tells him he is 'Blacklisted' ????

(there is no 'Blacklisting' situation available to Admin on PHP Boards).

The only cure so far has been for him to drop his Internet connection briefly then restart it & try again, which points to either his ISP (& its DNS Server) or something going wrong with his Web Browser.

[On a lighter note...I had a request for membership of a 'gun forum' this morning from a Mr 'WeddingDressGuy' :o at good old Gmail.com as usual]
IHJ

Next

Return to General Discussion