Is this Guy a scammer?

General discussion about Daytime Optics.

Moderator: Michael

Is this Guy a scammer?

Postby Gerald in Ga. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:48 pm

I got this as a pm from this guy. Does anyone know if this is real? He has a 2010 join date.

om: Cliffinzz
To: Gerald in Ga.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:11 pm
Subject: Pay attention to..
Dear, Gerald in Ga.!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

http://www.total-scan.com/detected/Gerald in Ga.

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Cliff Edwards.
Gerald in Ga.

Postby Michael » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 am

Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Postby Gerald in Ga. » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:02 am

Thank you very much
Gerald in Ga.

Postby IHJ » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 am

My 'PM' went straight into Deep 6, Gerald :-)

As Michael says its unlikely to be risky in any way but just bloody annoying.
IHJ

Here's another username posting the same message:

Postby ohpe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:15 pm

This user joined the forum today and immediately began spamming.

################Begin Message################

Dear, forum member!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

http://www.total-scan.com/detected/ohpe

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, David Torres.

################End Message################
ohpe

Return to General Discussion