WTB night vision, need opinions

General discussion about Daytime Optics.

Moderator: Michael

WTB night vision, need opinions

Postby common762 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:52 pm

new to this forum, first thanks for allowing me in moderators. I am looking at getting a couple of gen 3 night vision units, interested in the anpvs7 or anpvs14. I would like to hear what you guys think about the cyclops vs the monocular. if you think both are junk feel free to chime in what you think is better. I really just don't want to make a 5000 dollar mistake. thanks in advance for your help.
common762

Postby Michael » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:26 pm

There have been a number of posts comparing the monocular vs. bi-ocular, but the bottom line is this:
Monocular: newer, more versatile, more accessories, current mil.spec. issue
Bi-ocular: easier to use the first time out, designed for one specific purpose, harder to obtain parts, has been removed from military TOE
Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Re: WTB night vision, need opinions

Postby hardeeman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 pm

common762 wrote:new to this forum, first thanks for allowing me in moderators. I am looking at getting a couple of gen 3 night vision units, interested in the anpvs7 or anpvs14. I would like to hear what you guys think about the cyclops vs the monocular. if you think both are junk feel free to chime in what you think is better. I really just don't want to make a 5000 dollar mistake. thanks in advance for your help.

Monocular provides a huge difference in depth perception also. I would rather walk with those on in the woods or jungle than goggles.
hardeeman

Return to General Discussion