bars k3 pro or halagon stealth spotlight?

Discussion for SureFire, HDS, and NightOps Flash Lights.

Moderator: Michael

bars k3 pro or halagon stealth spotlight?

Postby bezin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:19 pm

hi have a gen1 goggles and wanted to buy something to increase the range. they have about a 30 foot range with builtin ir when there is no moonlight. i am looking for something that will light up a larger area would the bars pro or stealth spotlight be a good choice or is there something better out there. thanks for any help
bezin

Postby IHJ » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:17 am

Hi Bezin.
I use a Bars unit - very powerful for an LED but it eats batteries :(
You don't say what range you want to achieve - I would say LEDs are good upto 70 metres with Gen1, Lasers would take that same Gen unit out to 150 metres.

I don't know the other unit you mention but the Bars K3 with a good set of re-chargeables will work well (quite a big unit btw).
Hope that helps
Ian
IHJ

Postby bezin » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:51 am

thanks for the help. i have been looking over website and see alot of other reccommended lights i might try da torch i am looking at getting the furthest and widest beam possible as i am using it to navigate through the dark cant hunt legally in my area at night. the laser you mentioned does it have a wider beam or is it just for targeting
thanks mark
bezin

Postby IHJ » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:19 pm

Weird ain't it? We can have moderators/silencers here & Lasers (& hunt with NV) ! But...

For your task, roughly, there are two types to look at:

>Incandescent torch
>LED torch

Both will give a wide, clean beam (to me, that's an important criteria).
Incandescent will be the low cost option (with an IR Pass Filter).

The Da Torch (whatever!) I cannot comment upon 8) .

Most Lasers will give a very tight, concentrated beam/spot and are diffused in various ways to be non-Target Designators (in the civilian world) but are still fierce little spotlights & deadly to high spec. tubes - with Gen1 they work wonders but if you don't need that 'designation' facility don't have it ! Monocular/googles see such a wide Field of View that you would only get a central IR lit circle with the best Laser!
IHJ

Return to Flashlights