Gen.3 P tubes are VERY RARE these days.

Discuss night vision equipment and technology

Moderator: Michael

Re: Gen.3 P tubes are VERY RARE these days.

Postby supertorque » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:51 am

IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4616.JPG
IMG_4631.JPG
I heard that some of you like to keep an updated record of tube generation variants and the image quality they produce so here are some pictures of my newest Gen.3 Pinnacle or Everest or whatever it is. Note that the moonlight is casting the shadows and not street lights.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supertorque

Postby marc_pril » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:00 am

supertorque wrote:Is it possible for me to interface with this "optical port"? My tube seems a little bright and I would like to be able to adjust the gain down somehow. Or, do I need a specific proprietary plug and computer software in order to adjust? I ask because I really do not want to send my unit back to ATN. I really appreciate all the information from you guys. Have a good weekend!

Best regards,
Superdork

Hi,

Looks like you have a PVS14 without manual gain control with a MX10160 format tube. There is no proprietary plug, it is what it is. You can adjust the potmeters on the PSU but unless you know what your doing I would not mess with them.

Cheers,

Marc
marc_pril

Postby supertorque » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:51 am

Hello Marc,

Thanks for answering my question. I kind of figured it was not adjustable and I don't know much about the PSU so I will just leave it alone.

Thanks,
supertorque
supertorque

Previous

Return to General Night Vision Discussion