fiber optic image inverter

Discuss night vision equipment and technology

Moderator: Michael

fiber optic image inverter

Postby mr.clay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:32 pm

Does anybody know if it is possible to remove a FOI from the rear of an intensifier tube or for a possible source to get a new one? I bought a tube and did not realize that pvs 7b tubes were non inverting tubes I have the junk tube this was meant to replace was wondering if the FOI could be removed and used with the PVS 7B tube. Any help would be appreciated
mr.clay

Re: fiber optic image inverter

Postby mr.clay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Managed to get the inverter off of the old tube and as I have found others mentioning the image was not that great due to the convex lens of the pvs 7b tube. So my next question is would it be possible to handle the inversion at the rear optic by adding or subtracting convex lenses?
mr.clay

Postby mr.clay » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Think i might have found myself a solution of sorts. I have an AN/PAS-6 old school technology has a specialty lens I have never seen. will try to incorporate this in my rear optic if my attempts at a relay lens are unsuccessful. Just hate screwing up a nice working optic.
mr.clay

Postby mr.clay » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Sadly, FO inverter did not work, I have found no lens combination that works, I am ope to any advice you guys have to offer
mr.clay

Postby cj7hawk » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:22 am

You could try a telescope inverter - Or the alternative is to use a roof prism ( or Porro Prism ) in conjunction with the ocular lens -

Any of these should work -

Regards
David
cj7hawk

Return to General Night Vision Discussion