Hi everyone! newbee needs help

Discuss night vision equipment and technology

Moderator: Michael

Hi everyone! newbee needs help

Postby orangerabbit » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:26 am

This is my first post and I felt I should just say hi first off. My name, is brian im in the state of maine in the usa. im a veteran, hunter, father and military nut. Now that's that's is done I was hoping for some info on some parts I have and parts im trying to find.

I have a mx-9916/uv second gen image intensifier. it has a metal housing with four screws on one end and 2 studs on the other. it has a contract number daabo7 85 c eo32. anyone know what device it goes to?

I am aslo looking for parts and info on a pvs styled monocular made by Infratech. its called a cyber eye. anyone know whats what about these? and where I might get parts that work? thanks
orangerabbit

Re: Hi everyone! newbee needs help

Postby 45K40 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:19 pm

AN/PVS-5 series goggles
"See all evil."
45K40

Postby 45K40 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:22 pm

See here:

viewtopic.php?t=987

45K40
"See all evil."
45K40

Postby orangerabbit » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 pm

thank you again ! This is what I have, for a spare body and all my internals work, I was thinking of mating it the pvs5 tube and id have all my power battery ir and mount spot all set, do you recommend a good replacement eye piece for this? as I can use the rear thread adapter with gasket seal to mount rear eye piece to the pvs5 tube just don't know if just looking for replacement for this housing or just finding pvs 5 eye piece. Also any one know if theres a limit to the kind of objective lense used? my small lense only has c.8 4 2.8 2 1.4 then near and far in green under that. is this ok to use ? my only experience was in the us army from 99 - 02. so anyway thank you again.
orangerabbit

Postby kaveman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 pm

I think the objective lens you've got is what came standard on these scopes. At any rate, I've picked up four of them over the last month or two and they've all got the same lens. Mine are all damaged/non-working and one is missing the ocular, but I think I've got enough to get a few of them working. Three came with damaged/dead intensifier tubes. Looks like they've been dropped or handled roughly and the tube wiring got pulled loose. They're all functional otherwise; the switch still throws power to the broken tube wiring and the ir illuminator functions Not a bad pile of parts for around $100 per unit, especially if the intensifiers are salvageable. I also have a few 9916 tubes to fall back on if I can't get the original intensifiers to work.
kaveman

Return to General Night Vision Discussion