http://www.qioptiq.co.uk/Products/InfantryNightVision/

miha
miha

some picture about the scope and the scope mount problem

Postby laiwaikei » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:23 am

here is some picture of my scope and the problem of the mount system

although my english is really bad and my tech. for take photo is bad too

but i hope the photo can show my question :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by laiwaikei on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
laiwaikei

Postby miha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:46 am

So why don't you change the mount ?
if you have dovetail or weaver style rail on your airsoft gun that can be done.
miha

Postby IHJ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:56 am

That looks like a standard Weaver rail ?

eBay usually has lots of Airsoft adapter rails (from Hong Kong :wink: ) they'd certainly be good enough for short range work.
IHJ

Postby laiwaikei » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:56 am

miha wrote:So why don't you change the mount ?

HI MIHA

dovetail ......... weaver style rail is.............? i am not idea for it

because all of the airsoft at the market at HONG KONG only use the US standard rail mount base.. ......

and i now post the question at the airsoft forums and ask is the "STAR L85A1 airsoft gun" use the other type rail mound base? because i remember someone say it use the special mount base and with difference for the standard US standard mount base

and do u remember i try to buy the image intensifier for my NV goggles before? the result is make me very angry, becasue the russia tube supplier feedback me very very slow and add the price 2 times !!!! from$600 add to $1000, some time say $200 is tax, some time say $200 is the documant fees !!!!! so i never try to get the nv product from the Russia company !!!!!!!!!!
laiwaikei

Postby laiwaikei » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:04 am

IHJ wrote:That looks like a standard Weaver rail ?

eBay usually has lots of Airsoft adapter rails (from Hong Kong :wink: ) they'd certainly be good enough for short range work.

yeah you are right, this scope is not suitable for short range work, i need to stay at the wargame start point to search target, cant move forward, but my airsoft cant shoot to the opposit start point........ because more than 2J airsoft is illegal in HONG KONG, my gun only can shoot around 35~45 meter. :cry:
laiwaikei

Postby miha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:32 am

laiwaikei wrote:
miha wrote:So why don't you change the mount ?

HI MIHA

dovetail ......... weaver style rail is.............? i am not idea for it

because all of the airsoft at the market at HONG KONG only use the US standard rail mount base.. ......

and i now post the question at the airsoft forums and ask is the "STAR L85A1 airsoft gun" use the other type rail mound base? because i remember someone say it use the special mount base and with difference for the standard US standard mount base

and do u remember i try to buy the image intensifier for my NV goggles before? the result is make me very angry, becasue the russia tube supplier feedback me very very slow and add the price 2 times !!!! from$600 add to $1000, some time say $200 is tax, some time say $200 is the documant fees !!!!! so i never try to get the nv product from the Russia company !!!!!!!!!!

Hi John,

yes i remember you. sorry to hear that you had problems with obtaining the tube for your goggles.
i think that for airsoft you could use a cheap 1 gen scope with an IR illuminator. it would probbably do better than kite on such a small distance.
but you could get some cheap mount for you airsoft on ebay and replace the one that you have now on your kite. or get an elcan clone scope and take the mount from there. not so cheap but can be done. should fit airsoft guns with weaver style rail.
miha

Postby wiseman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:37 pm

flex297 wrote:
cj7hawk wrote:You know, I recall a certain someone once mounted a Thermal Imager Scope on their Airsoft rifle... :roll: PAS-13 wasn't it Flex? :lol:
Ehm.. yes, you got me.. Just it wasn't a PAS-13, but ELCAN SpecterIR.

I took the setup into a sim battle once, it was useless. Most of the time I was more concerned about protecting the Germanium optics from incoming BBs than about the game and tactics. A normal helmet-mounted AN/PVS-14 combined with AN/PEQ-2A has provided MUCH better service..

Quite seriously, weapon sights like SpecterIR or KITE give you a fantastic edge for 100-300 yards, for anything below 70 yards (and that includes 99,99% of all airsoft stuff) they are next to useless, in my opinion.

had 7 kites shot 250 rabs with the last one loads from 20-70 yards and with a light adjustment internally they will focus to 5 yards :wink: the last one had a ITT 2007 gen3 inside to say they are useless on anythin below 70yards is not right :roll: and could not be further from the truth in my opinion
wiseman

Postby flex297 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:12 pm

wiseman wrote:had 7 kites shot 250 rabs with the last one loads from 20-70 yards and with a light adjustment internally they will focus to 5 yards :wink: the last one had a ITT 2007 gen3 inside to say they are useless on anythin below 70yards is not right :roll: and could not be further from the truth in my opinion
If they can focus to 5 meters then I gladly change my opinion. The 4x Raptor can focus on 25m, the 6x Raptor on 50m and more. That makes the 6x useless for airsoft while the 4x could be of limited use, although you could easily achieve the same with a normal NV monocular which is much lighter and much easier to obtain.
Any color you like...
flex297

Postby Dino1130 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:39 pm

I know NOTHING about airsoft. I am curious if most of these shots are 50m and less,why a monocular with 3X afocal and a Aimpoint or EO is not used.I don't know airsoft but if these short ranges are typical would this setup not allow you to acquire your target faster with a larger FOV. Maybe I am missing something here.
I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn’t know how to use it.
Dino1130

Postby cj7hawk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 pm

flex297 wrote:
wiseman wrote:had 7 kites shot 250 rabs with the last one loads from 20-70 yards and with a light adjustment internally they will focus to 5 yards :wink: the last one had a ITT 2007 gen3 inside to say they are useless on anythin below 70yards is not right :roll: and could not be further from the truth in my opinion
If they can focus to 5 meters then I gladly change my opinion. The 4x Raptor can focus on 25m, the 6x Raptor on 50m and more. That makes the 6x useless for airsoft while the 4x could be of limited use, although you could easily achieve the same with a normal NV monocular which is much lighter and much easier to obtain.

Focal distance can be an issue. You can still see what you're looking at but it's far more difficult to recognize.

The PVS-4 will focus down to a few meters if you take the stop ring off or remove the stop bolt, but you're better to choose a focus at a decent range, eg 30m, and accept blurry beyond and before that.

Dean - I think most Airsofters try for "realism" more than practicality, but I can't answer for them. Flex probably gave the best solution - Use a laser and goggles.

David
cj7hawk

parralax

Postby wellyot » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:02 am

might need adjustment for parralax if the focus limit is adjusted
wellyot

Postby laiwaikei » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:05 am

flex297 wrote:

hi flex, i worry to use NV goggle, because my LOMO Recon is damaged by surefire big torch at cqb plaza, i cant get the replacement tube :evil:

so now use the NV scope to search target and close the scope if i need move forward to avoid damage the image intenisifer
laiwaikei

Postby flex297 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Regarding your Recon goggles, I think sooner or later you can find a replacement tube. The tube should be similar to the tubes other Russian goggles like Dedal DVS-8 or Newcon NVS7-2. Outside diameter should be 43,0mm and length is only 22mm, shorter than PVS-7 type. Look for EPM66G tube type, these are most common.
Any color you like...
flex297

Postby flex297 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:38 pm

BTW, anybody knows the difference between Pilkington KITE MK.4 and KITE MK.6?
Any color you like...
flex297

PreviousNext

Return to General Night Vision Discussion