NEW Variable Focus Beam ELR and options, need Feedback!

Discuss night vision equipment and technology

Moderator: Michael

NEW Variable Focus Beam ELR and options, need Feedback!

Postby Clutch » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Hello all,

As many of you know, Da-Torch (ELR) has been a GREAT success thus far! It's probably pound for pound da best IR illuminator out there! Over the last year, I've had interest in a variable focus and pressure switch. I've listened and I just completed the testing of some units and I need feedback. I've put a few feelers out there several months ago on the pressure switch and variable focus (2-8 degrees), but the response was a bit slim. If the interest is NOT there, I will not go into production with the new unit, pressure switch, and/or silent switch. Since the original torch was so bright, CQB of 25 yards and in was a slight issue. With the new variable focus, we NOW have the best of both worlds! Below, is some specs of the proposed new units and some pics. I REALLY need an interest list. You can also email me to give me us da "nod" sorta speak.

1). New 2-8 deg Varibale focus torch, will come standard with a silent on/off power switch.
Price: In the neighborhood of $189.00-$199.00 without the pressure switch.
2). Pressure Switch, can be used with new da new variable torch AS WELL AS da original fixed focus torch.
Price: In the neighborhood of $35.00 for my current customers of Da-Torch and $39.95 for new pruchases.
3). Silent Switch, can be used with all torches.
Price: In the neighborhood of $35.95

Original Torch and new pressure switch

New variable focus 2-8 deg torch shown with new pressure switch and silent switch. (Silent switch and pressure switches will work with original torch)

PVS-14 1x of the new torch at 200m with a 2deg beam selected

1x shot of the new torch at 100m with the 6deg beam selected. This IS going to be GREAT for CQB roles!

1X Comparison shot of the new torch on the left and the original torch on the right.

4x comparison shot at 200m with the new torch again on the left (2deg) and the original torch on the right

As stated above, YOUR INPUT IS NEEDED ON THIS ASAP! Thanks all!

Vic
Victor Di Cosola
Tactical Night Vision Company
http://www.tnvc.com
victor@tnvc.com
(909)796-7000
Clutch

production

Postby Jemmy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:01 am

"If the interest is NOT there, I will not go into production with the new unit, pressure switch, and/or silent switch."

So, you manufacture these units, is that correct?

Jem.
Jemmy

Re: production

Postby Clutch » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Jemmy wrote:"If the interest is NOT there, I will not go into production with the new unit, pressure switch, and/or silent switch."

So, you manufacture these units, is that correct?

Jem.

I do not personally assemble them, I have a unique position to the design, functionality and fit. Hope this helps.
Victor Di Cosola
victor@tnvc.com
(909)796-7000
Clutch

Postby 1776 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:47 am

Nightvision.ru is listing variable power on some of their IR Illuminators. Are you familiar with what they are doing?

unique position

Postby Jemmy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:57 am

Victor,

I am afraid that your unique position is not, er, unique.

I bought the same type illuminator as you are talking about about 5 weeks ago from a website on this side of the pond

http://www.nightvisiongear.co.uk/Night- ... s-X-IR.htm

Complete with weaver mount and laser sight type remote switch.

They also apparently have a focusable version in stock, which is not on their site - this information came from a telephone conversation that I had before I purchased the X-IR (ELR or torch).

Since then, I have had a look around the net, and found the same illuminator under various different guises and brand names.

You might factor all this into your next production run........

:lol:

Jem.
Jemmy

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:30 pm

Jemmy,

Victor is helping us to field test and develop new products. The factory that we are working with on this items (in Russia) is manufacturing a number of different products. I am familiar with the line that NightVisionGear carries and it is not the same product that we offer. While certain parts are the same (battery housing and switch assembly for example; after all it makes no sense not to have interchangeable parts), the main components (in my opinion :) ) such as diodes and optics are quite a bit different.

It is quite common to have similar housings (MUM 2 or MiNi-14 is the perfect example) sold by different companies, the difference is in the "stuffing" :) like tubes, diodes, etc.
Michael
mike@opticshq.com
Michael
Site Admin

Postby 1776 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:15 am

Variable power for both indoor and outdoor use of the ELR? Can this device be designed to meet the MFAL RFP illuminator requirements?

Are there any image comparisons with the Laser Devices DBAL I2 illuminator?

Postby Clutch » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:13 pm

1776 wrote:Variable power for both indoor and outdoor use of the ELR? Can this device be designed to meet the MFAL RFP illuminator requirements?

Are there any image comparisons with the Laser Devices DBAL I2 illuminator?

The new ELR will be for indoor and outdoor use. Here is the latest design which is awesome.

Btw, the DBAL-A (Squared) is a pure IR laser/Illumunater plus visible laser, kinda hard to do a comparison test with this system.
Victor Di Cosola
victor@tnvc.com
(909)796-7000
Clutch

Postby jsonshk » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:08 pm

sounds awsome i thik it would be a huge and worth while improvement and you should start production
jsonshk

Postby Dino1130 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:21 am

I would like to buy one!! Looks great!!
Dino1130

Postby Clutch » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:34 pm

Roger that, production HAS started!! Thank you!
Victor Di Cosola
victor@tnvc.com
(909)796-7000
Clutch

Postby jsonshk » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:36 pm

vic let me know when they r done cause i want one with the variable beam, silent on/off, pressure switch and rail mount
jsonshk

Postby Clutch » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:42 pm

jsonshk wrote:vic let me know when they r done cause i want one with the variable beam, silent on/off, pressure switch and rail mount

You got it.
Victor Di Cosola
victor@tnvc.com
(909)796-7000
Clutch

Production...

Postby WallyBL » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:55 pm

Vic,
I'll spring for one, but I won't need the pressure switch. Let me know when they are available.

Thank you!
Wally
WallyBLandreth@eaton.com
WallyBL

Re: Production...

Postby Clutch » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:43 am

WallyBL wrote:Vic,
I'll spring for one, but I won't need the pressure switch. Let me know when they are available.

Thank you!
Wally
WallyBLandreth@eaton.com

I sure will!
Victor Di Cosola
victor@tnvc.com
(909)796-7000
Clutch

Next

Return to General Night Vision Discussion